Saturday, October 4, 2008

I'm still Alive...

...in case anyone wondered. I've been kicking out the illustrations at FFO (all but one month), and keeping a steady pace at Hatrack, Liberty Hall and now Absolute Write. I've also been writing. Much.

My wife (while not at her full powers) was taking laundry down-cellar (a very Maine-ard expression) and tripped on a blanket that she carried. She went down, hard, and heard a few snaps from her left ankle. We rushed to the emergency room, where--contrary to what we expected--she got attention, x-rays and relieved to find out it wasn't broken (or even fractured) very quickly. The sprain, however, earned her a pair of crutches and an air-cast for a few days. She's looking somewhat better. She's not the type to be kept down, and she's trying not to baby it. It's funny: she tells me she's no p**sy, but I already knew she is a tough one.

The new issue of FFO is up, and it's an all women-authored issue. How appropriate (as one slush reader put it) because it's National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Who names these months? Is there some kind of council? Hey, I'm all for saving as many breasts as possible (sort of a breast protector), but I don't think there's enough months to go around. Anyway, the stories are smooth, entertaining and (as usual) offer something for everyone. Jake must be proud, because we're coming up on our 1st anniversary, and gaining new readers all the time. By the way, if you haven't, check it out--it's free! There's a link over there------------------------->

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, where have you been for this month? Missing you on the WOTF forum.

Inarticulate babbler said...

I have buried myself into writing a Historical Fiction novel and haven't been around much.