Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Collaboration

It's times like this--after reading 150+ pages of 230--that I'm really confident that I chose well when I approached my co-author about working together on a project. Though the core was her idea, it mixed well with a passion of mine. I can really appreciate her strengths in what I have read. More than once, I coughed up a well-earned chuckle, and I'm charmed with how the relationship is developing between the main protagonists. Excellent work, Nancy--though we have to inject more Maine-isms.

I, on the other hand, have been slacking. I've been winnowing on plot-direction. I could go in so many different directions. In fact, I'm beginning to wonder if we aren't really writing a trilogy. With the limits in word-counts these days, I imagine that we'd be robbing our characters of some of their richness if we were to just adhere to the normal word count.

It really is an amazing experience. I have to say, no matter what comes of it, it's been a pleasurable journey.

More later.

No comments: